27/09/2013

New products : Basketball Footwear, Olajuwon set to launch his 'Dream Shake' line of shoes

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, whose nickname is the Dream, is on the verge of realizing yet another dream in his life.

On Saturday, at his DR34M Mansion in the NASA area, Olajuwon will unveil the first basketball shoes from the DR34M brand

The shoes, which will cost $185, are also the first from Olajuwon's 'Dream Shake' line of shoes.

"I'm very happy about it because for many years when I was playing I endorsed many shoe companies and I've always wanted to go from scratch, build my own brand," Olajuwon said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "So I went to different sources, looking at the manufacturing, selecting the material, making sure you bring the best product to market.

"I'm very excited to unveil the first Dream Shake shoe."

Olajuwon said it took two years before he was ready to launch his line of basketball shoes.

"It's the beginning of something I've always wanted to do," Olajuwon said. "This is the beginning of the realization of my dream.

"This dream of mine to be able to design your own shoe, pick you own material and create the first one."

And Olajuwon said his first creation, which includes Italian leather, has a very important feature that makes his shoes a cut above.

"First of all I went to Vibram, that is the Italian company that makes the sole," Olajuwon said. They are the greatest sole company in the world.

"The sole of the shoe is the key to the whole shoe. That's your base. That's why Vibram put their logo in the bottom of the shoes to prove that you have the right sole."

Not far from the Vibram logo on the bottom of the shoes is a design that represents Hakeem's famous spin move in the paint.

"Another thing, my experience in the past what I don't like about my shoes when I was playing, how can I make the adjustments to make it a little bit better, to make it comfortable, very light, more flexible? " Olajuwon said.

"So the first one, I think we accomplished it."

Olajuwon's first collection of shoes come in black, blue, red, orange and black and yellow and red, which Hakeem said represents the classic Rockets colors from the past.

And Olajuwon said it is also important to point out that his collection of basketball shoes is not just for playing basketball.

"What I like about this shoe, it's not just for the court," Olajuwon said. "It's designed also to wear with your jeans.

"It's really a basketball shoe, but when you put it with your jeans you're fashionable, so it solves both purposes."

Olajuwon will unveil his shoes from 11am to 2pm on Saturday.

He normally sees customers at his DR34M Mansion by appointment only.

This the first time he is opening his doors to anyone who wants to stop by.

Customers who purchase his products on Saturday will receive a free photo opportunity with Olajuwon or he will autograph one of the items that is purchased.

For those who don't buy anything, tickets for autographs can be purchased at the store or at fitermansports.com.

Olajuwon's products can also be purchased at his web site: www.DR34M.com.

By Mark Berman, Sports Director - bio , myfoxhouston.com
See the video online : http://www.myfoxhouston.com/olajuwon-set-to-launch-his-dream-shake-line-of-shoes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire